We love getting to see works from creators of all ages everyday and now we want to see artwork from a super special group of creators: kids!
This summer, we've partnered with some wonderful cultural institutions and attractions around Toronto to create some brand new Quarantots virtual field trips. Each Tuesday we'll be posting a special vitural field trip or online exhibition on our social media channels for you to visit from the comfort of your own home. All you have to do is explore the exhibitions and turn one of the pieces you see there into a brand new work of art! Once you've got your masterpiece is complete you can send us a photo on social media using the hashtag #Quarantots or through the submissions form below and we'll add it to a special online gallery at the following Monday.
These artworks won’t just be online though! We want to bring some colour and positivity to the residents and front-line workers at Long-Term Care Homes. We’ve partnered with a few Long-Term Care homes around Toronto that are beyond excited to receive some Kids’ Art that they can display. The Quarantots submission form below now has a question asking if you’d like to send your artwork to one of these homes. Simply click “yes”, submit your form, we’ll conact you with an address to one of the homes in the city, and you can mail your artwork. Let’s help bring more creativity and positivity and show them we are thinking of them!
Any type of artwork or medium is accepted and all themes will be open for submissions throughout the Summer as we know creativity can spark at any time. Check out all the upcoming Virtual Field Trips here!
Looking for some other fun artistic inspiration? We've still got our 6 previous Quarantots themes open for even more submissions. Chose any of the themes below and create any kind of artwork you desire! We'd love to showcase these wokrs in our online galleries too so feel free to submit through our submission form below at any time.
How to get involved:
- Share a photo of the work on Facebook or Twitter and tag @HumberGalleries or use the hashtag #Quarantots
- Note: we are only able to see and share posts from public profiles
- Send us a direct message on Instagram with a photo of the work
- Feel free to post the work on your own profile and tag @humbergalleries or use the hashtag #Quarantots
- Fill in the online submissions form HERE
What to include in your submission:
- A photo of the artwork itself
- For privacy reasons please do not include any photos that could be used to identify any individuals
- The first name of the artist
- The age of the artist
- Submissions are open to children age 12 and under